At Fahnestock, customer and employee health and safety is our highest priority. We have been closely monitoring the updates and recommendations by our local and federal government agencies regarding the impact of COVID-19 to our community and business operations. Many people are being asked to work and stay at home to prevent the spread of illness in our community. Our goal is to protect our customers and employees while we keep our customers HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems running during this time. To protect our customers and employees, we have implemented the following precautions in addition to our already industry leading safety practices.
- Our technicians’ procedure of wearing disposable shoe covers before entering a home will continue, and all of our employees will use hand sanitizer prior to entering and upon exiting to prevent the spread of illness.
- Since our business requires us to enter homes in the community to repair HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical during this time, we are asking our customers and their household to be symptom free of COVID-19 at the time our technician will be in your home. This will help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the community and to our employees. If you or anyone in your household are not feeling well before your scheduled appointment, please call 316-943-4328
- To ensure we follow all safety and screening protocols before entering homes in the community, we are momentarily suspending our after-hours services. If you do happen to call after our normal operating hours, please leave a message and we will return your call the following business day. We will post an update when our after hours services are available again.
- The community impact of COVID-19 has the potential to impact our staffing. Please be patient with us in the event we do experience a staffing shortage, as we will do our best to prioritize each service call.
- Our employees’ health and wellness are invaluable to us providing a superior customer experience. We have asked our employees to stay home if they do not feel well.
We will review and update our policies as the COVID-19 health crisis unfolds in our community to continue to keep our customers and employees safe during this unprecedented event. For more information on how you can protect yourself and your family during this time, visit the CDC website.
Scot Pennington, Chief Operating Officer